The 1st Nationwide Conference “Underwater research - methods, monitoring and education” will take place on October 4-6 at the Gwarek Training and Recreation Center in Ślesin.
It is the area of the deep, thermally changed Konin lakes.
The aim of the conference will be to exchange experience and present the latest achievements in the field of underwater research, with particular emphasis on the methods used, the principles of water monitoring and environmental education. During the conference, training workshops will be organized in which it will be possible to increase divers’ qualifications and obtain scuba diver ecologist permits of the first and second level as well as scuba diver exploiter permits. The training sessions will be conducted by qualified instructors with extensive experience, also in conducting scientific research.
The subject matter of the speeches will include the following:
- Research and monitoring of fauna and flora of lakes and rivers;
- Monitoring of invasive species;
- Methods, tools and research techniques used in water ecosystems;
- Use of scuba diving in underwater research;
- GIS in underwater studies and lake morphology;
- Geography of lakes and rivers;
- Application of underwater research results for educational purposes and dissemination of knowledge in the field of nature protection;
Conference office: OCSP KDP PTTK ul. Senatorska 11, 00-075 Warsaw
telephone / fax: 22 826 83 89, 22 875 10 25
mobile: 604 54 54 87, 604 54 54 88